Saturday, December 20, 2008

post numero uno

Okay, so I've been thinking about creating a blog for awhile. Not because I think the world needs another blog, but because my hubby is in this crazy nursing program and I have to keep myself busy somehow. Mostly, I've been sewing and making block prints, and I hope to log my creative journey here. But, enough with the small talk...

I thought I'd share my first crafty creation of the day, although there will be more (ugghhh, many more) if I'm going to finish my laundry list of holiday gifts. I'm really trying to do a homemade holidays here, folks, but its darn hard. Here's the first creation anyway: fabric journals for my lovely nieces Mira and Ella.

I free-motion stitched their names on the cover of three-hole pamphlet stitched journals, which I learned about because I've been working on a book about, you guessed it, book making. More pics to come as I slowly cross gifts off my list (it's going to be a long weekend...).

No comments:

Post a Comment