Sunday, January 11, 2009


As promised, here is said sailboat on said fabric in (finally!) proper fabric ink. I love the final look, but that oil-based paint is a bit messy to work with.

So the sailboat (i heart the sea) and the microscope (i heart the scientist) will be the centerpieces for my two valentine mini quilts, but I thought I might need something else to carry the theme. Cheesy hearts aren't really my style, so I decided to try an anatomical heart instead (see below). I'm excited to see how the images will come together on the piece, seeing as this is the first time I've tried making quilts with my own printed images. But, alas, I have to wait until the ink cures for any sewing. I'll post my progress... which better happen fast since the valentines are due in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment